When it comes to perfumes, I guess you could call me a bit of an aficionado. Ever since I was little, I loved all different kinds of perfumes- especially the ones my mom wore. I could always recognize someone by their scent, and to this day I am known for guessing peoples perfumes in a social setting (my party trick I suppose). I think there is something pretty cool about being recognized by always having your very own “scent”.
For many of you, picking the perfect potion isn’t always an easy task, so I wanted to break it down for you and help you find what scent is best for you!
- First, a Mini Lesson in Scents:
- + Perfumes come in a variety of strengths, under a variety of names. Perfume is the most concentrated scent & is often most expensive. Eau de Perfume is less strong than perfume as it contains less oil. Eau de Toilette is a very light perfume with little oil & is best for people often surrounded by others (in an office building for example).
- + Perfumes smell different when actually on the skin, which is why testing scents is so important.
- + How to Apply Perfume: Spray a bit of your scent on to your wrists and/or other favorite spots (neck, elbows, etc.) and let absorb- do not rub, then mist your scent into the air and walk through it. If wearing perfume, avoid using other scented products- it could get confusing.
- + Applying perfume after a shower is great because it will absorb straight into your open pores and last longer!
- Pick a Scent that Matches Your Personality:
- + For the Romantic ones: Whether you have an overall romantic personality, or you are looking for a scent for a hot date… floral perfumes are your best bet. Another great scent for you would be one that is floral & fruity, this is a very feminine aroma. Recommendations: Dior Poison, Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb.
- + For the Carefree ones: Your playful and easy going personality would pair well with a citrus scent. Recommendations: Jo Malone Grapefruit, Burberry Weekend, Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Soleia.
- + For the Confident ones: Your personality exudes confidence and so should your perfume! Oriental and woody scents will help make sure you are noticed each time you walk in a room. Recommendations: Gucci by Gucci, Narciso Rodriguez for Her, Dior Midnight Poison.
- + For the Sexy ones: If you are more the adventurous and sexy type, perfumes with hints of wood and flowers will help accentuate your personality to perfection. Recommendations: Jaipur Bracelet by Boucheron, Orla Kiely Rosie, A Scent by Issey Miyake.
- (source, source)