Alright ladies, it is time to get down to the nitty gritty world of underwear. When talking about undergarments it is usually geared toward all things brassieres. Am I wearing the right size? Is this the best bra for my figure? What bra will help give me the best shape? The list goes on and on.
Yet there is another undergarment that is in need of some attention, and that is your panties. People often don’t realize that they are wearing the wrong undies until they finally get their hands on some good ones. Let me tell you, the difference is undeniable! Just because you can’t see what’s under your clothes, doesn’t mean you can skimp and get whatever. There are so many different types of underwear that come in different styles, fabrics, and sizes… and we want to help you make sure you get the right pair of panties that meets your needs and your body.
- Different Types of Panties:
- + Hipster panties are worn low around the hips (hence the name) and are basically low rise panties in a boy short form. Great when worn with low pants, dresses, and skirts.
- + Bikini undies are great for day to day wear. They are also low rise with a thin waist band and semi-full rear coverage.
- + Brazilian undies are a mix between a thong and a bikini. If you aren’t used to wearing thongs, you can ease into the style by wearing some Brazilian style panties for a bit.
- + Boyshorts are styled after mens underwear, making them extra comfortable for everyday wear and still a bit sexy. Like hipsters, boyshorts are ideal for wearing under dresses and skirts.
- + Briefs are full coverage underwear that many women think are the most comfortable option out there, yet also the least sexy.
- + Control briefs are a great option for anyone who is wearing a dress that may be a bit on the revealing side or just everyday support. The control top holds in your tummy with its added support and helps to make you look thinner.
- + Thongs are the basically the same as a tanga but with less coverage in the booty. People mainly wear thongs to help diminish any VPL’s (visible panty lines) in jeans, tight pants, or dresses. They come in various styles including t-strings & g-strings, which are even less coverage.
- How to Pick ‘em:
- + Know your needs before going to the store. Do you need panties for working out, for a night out on the town, or for a day at the office? Different panties serve different purposes, and the first step is knowing which style will fit your needs.
- + Fabric matters, and it will be a key component in making sure you are comfortable in your undies of choice. Chances are you will be wearing your panties for the majority of the day so instead of going for a pretty lace panty, think to yourself- will these be comfortable for the whole day?
- + When trying your panties on, have someone at the store help you find the right size. You don’t want them to be cutting into you in the leg or hip area, nor do you want there to be any gaps/bagginess (that is NEVER a good look).
- + If you are buying underwear for a pair of white jeans/skirt/dress, the color you need to look for is NUDE. It is the only shade that will not be visible under your bright whites.
- + Cotton lining and/or panties are great to wear as they help prevent odor, prevent infections, alleviate any itching, and they are naturally hypoallergenic.
- + When it is time to hit the hay, drop your panties! If you are prone to getting yeast infections, or even if you aren’t, nighttime is a great time to give yourself a breather.