Everyone, at one time or another, is plagued by a bad hair day. Some people (myself included) have these days more often than not, and a ponytail or bun is an obvious go-to style to remedy unruly locks. For that exact reason, ponytails and buns are often categorized as a not-so-chic hair style, but that doesn’t need to be the case. This easy, breezy upside-down braided bun is the perfect way to spice up a boring bun or ponytail. Give it a try, and be sure to share a picture of your upside-down braided do on our Facebook page!
- Step 1: Straight hair works best for this hair-do, so blow dry or flat iron your hair before you start.
- Step 2: Flip your head upside down and comb it out so there are no tangles.
- Step 3: Begin to french braid your hair upside down. It may be helpful if you have a nice & willing friend who can do it for you .
- Step 4 & 5: Continue your braid until you reach a point where you want your ponytail or bun to be at. I prefer a high bun/pony, but that part is completely up to you!
- Step 6 & 7: Tie your hair off into a ponytail or a bun, depending on which one you want to do. If you do a ponytail this is your last step. For those of you who would rather have a high bun, just do a half bun at this step (see image 7).
- Step 8: Lastly, wrap the leftover hair around the base of your bun and pin it with a bobby pin or pull it back into your hair tie.