Many of you may not be aware of what today it is, but it’s a very special day that everyone everywhere should acknowledge and even celebrate! It’s the International Day of the Girl, a day in which everyone speaks out in regards to gender biases and girl’s rights!!
When doing our daily reading this morning we came across this really great article discussing the importance of this very day. We thought it was rather interesting, and of course, we wanted to share it with all of you! Basically, CNN asked many powerful women from all over the world a simple question… “Looking back, what one piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?”. Here are some of our favorite responses…
- + ”People do things differently, and that’s ok! Learn from those who walked the road before you, but carve your own path. So be different, explore the twists and turns on your way, and don’t fear the occasional fall — it is a part of every journey.” -Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
- + “Believe in your dreams and ideals and pursue them with determination and motivation. Always find the time to do something for other people. Indeed, there is nothing more rewarding than making someone else happy.” - Fabiola Gianotti, Physicist
- + “Follow your dreams, always be yourself, never be afraid to show the real you and have fun; Always live in the present.” -Victoria Azarenka, No.1 Woman Tennis Player in the World
- + ” Never think that someone else knows what’s best for you. Trust your way and don’t ask for so much advice. Learn how to be quiet and still enough to trust your own voice. It’s up to you: Your voice will either be silenced or will get to roar.” – Maria Shriver, Journalist/Author/Activist
- All of that being said, we want to ask all of you ladies the same question:
- “Looking back, what one piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?”. Please share your response in the comments section below!
- (source, source, source, source, source)