I love bangs so much, they always look so great and chic… on everyone but myself! Whether it is the fact my cowlick is acting up, or my bangs are a bit too long- there are always seemed to be a problem that ultimately ended up with me wearing a headband. Eventually, I’d spend the next few months of my life ferveriously trying to grow out my pesky bangs, only to end up wanting them again in the end. This is wear I currently stand.
I keep seeing bangs on all of my favorite celebs & fashionistas, and it is really making me want them back. Yet before I jump into any drastic hair change, I have decided to do some extensive hair research. Turns out there is a lot you need to know about getting bangs, especially if you want them to turn out looking fab.
Hopefully this time around turns out better for me! Wish me luck and share with me any other tips & tricks you have to share in regards to rocking the fringe look.
- Tips & Tricks for Owning a Fringe
- + To get the perfect set of bangs, you first need to figure out the shape of your face.
- + If your face is heart shaped, try a wispy bang with a side part. This will help balance out your face.
- + Oval faces can sport just about any set of bangs. Thick or thin, center part or side- most bang looks will compliment your face fabulously!
- + If your face is square shaped, long layered bangs that are swept to the side will help soften your sharp lines.
- + If you have a rounder face, bangs that are longer on the sides and shorter in the center will help to contour your cheekbones.
- + Consider your hair type. If you have thin hair, wispy bangs will only make it look thinner. Instead try to do a side swept bang, this could give the illusion of thicker locks.
- + If you have curly hair and don’t like to straighten it, bad news… bangs may not be the best look for you.