Accessorizing is an art, and we want to help you master your technique. From purses to sunglasses, an outfit isn’t complete without the perfect “add ons”. Here are some handy tips to making sure you are accessorizing…. properly!
- + Consider your total look. If you are going for a rocker chic/edgy look consider metals & leather; if you are feeling a bit more girly- sparkles and pearls are sweet & sophisticated; and lastly, if your style is more boho turquoise is always a great go-to.
- + Keep in mind proportion with your outfit. If you are going all out with your look, tone down the accessories. If your look is more simple, you have more room for added flare.
- + Have fun with color. This is especially important when it comes to your purses (I think). Playing with bold colors in the form of accessories can really spice up a look.
- + Decide on one statement piece. If you have a great bib necklace you have been dying to wear, let that be the focal point. Don’t go overboard by adding on a huge cuff bracelet… people won’t know what to look at first.
- + Don’t match. Sometimes when you buy a necklace it comes with a matching pair of earrings, please don’t wear them together.
- + Last, but not least, remember what Chanel said herself (as seen above) “When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on.” This fashion motto has always worked for me, and is a great way to prevent you from over doing it.
- (source, source, source, source)