Anyone who knows me knows that I have an
unhealthy obsession with the galaxy. Galaxy prints are not an exception to this minor obsession. Whether on clothes, shoes, or even nails… I love it all. I have messed around with creating galaxy print shoes & clothes, so it only made sense I try it out on my nails as well. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but have put it off cause I thought it would be time consuming & difficult… I was beyond wrong. This took me just about as long as a normal mani & was incredibly easy (even for the art-challenged individuals like myself)! These galaxy nails are by far my favorite paint job, ever.
- Step 1: First & foremost, gather your supplies. You are going to need a variety of nail polish colors & a either a make up sponge or a small piece of a dish sponge. You can choose any colors you want for your galaxy, but I personally used: Maggie, Gwen, Amy, Brigitte, and Vanessa. To start prep your nails as you would for any manicure (file, clean, and apply base coat).
- Step 2: Paint your nails with your base color, which for me was Maggie. Let dry completely.
- Step 3: Paint your sponge with your first color (mine was Gwen). Dab the color on the top of your base color in random spots.
- Step 4: Continue to do what you did in step 3 with your other galaxy colors.
- Step 5: When you sponge on the white, you will start to see your galaxy coming together. If you accidentally do too much white, just go over it with the sponge using on of your other polish colors.
- Step 6: Using either a white nail art polish with a skinny brush, or Brigitte with a toothpick, randomly place your stars on top of your galaxy. Let dry
- Step 7: Lastly, paint a coat of clear sparkles (Vanessa) to add a bit more sparkle to your galaxy. Finish with some topcoat, and you are good to go!