People often don’t realize the importance of mascara, nor do they know how it can really change the whole look of their face for the better. Mascara, if applied correctly, can enhance all the beautiful details of your eyes and make them look bigger than they actually are. The main problem about the statement above is that many people don’t know how to properly apply mascara, which is the precise reason I am writing the post! Time for a little make-up refresher….
- Step 1: Okay, so the first thing you need to know is that mascara always goes on LAST! Therefore the first step is to “put your face on”!
- Step 2: Now that your make-up is freshly applied it is time to get your lashes curled and prepped for mascara. Using a quality eyelash curler, start at the base of your lashes (make sure to get all those suckers in the curler)and hold it for about 3 seconds. Repeat the same process at the middle and the tip of your lashes, and then again on the other eye.
- Step 3: Now time for the best part, mascara! Make sure that you have a great mascara that compliments your eye color and gives you just what you are looking for (volume, length, thickness, etc.). Start by wiping off excess mascara before pulling your wand out to prevent clumps and then begin applying at the base of your lashes. As you work your way up you want to somewhat wiggle your brush from side to side to help separate your lashes.
- Step 4: Lastly, you will want to close your eyes and apply the mascara (using the same technique) to the top of your lashes- this will also help rid yourself of icky clumps! Clean up any “oopsies” with a q-tip and you are good to go!
- Now that you’re all done, it’s time to go out with your girlfriends and show off your pretty peepers.
- (source, source, source, source)