Class is officially in session! We here at Julep decided that it is time to touch up on some our basics. Whether in fashion or beauty, we will be covering it all!!
Today’s lesson we will be talking about how to correctly apply your foundation! You may not think twice in the morning about slathering on your makeup’s “base coat”, but it is actually much more important than you think. Applying foundation correctly won’t only make your skin look flawless, but it will last throughout the day and make for the perfect canvas for the rest of your make-up.
- Step 1: Wash your face and your hands fully (never want dirty hands on a clean face).
- Step 2: Apply a good daytime moisturizer that has sunscreen in it, and then apply a quality primer. Primer and moisturizer will keep your skin hydrated, which will help make your foundation go on smoother & last longer.
- Step 3: Let your moisturizer/primer set for a few minutes. Wipe off any excess moisturizer/primer with a tissue, if your skin is greasy your foundation won’t stick as well and will come off throughout the day.
- Step 4: If you use a concealer stick to hide blemishes or an under-eye concealer, this is the time to use it… before you apply your foundation.
- Step 5: Using your finger, apply your foundation (this one is my favorite) to your cheeks, forehead, chin, and the tip of your nose. Use a quality foundation brush to blend together these dots. Foundation brushes work best as they don’t soak up all the foundation like a sponge would, and they work great at flawlessly blending your foundation so there are no lines/streaks.
- Step 6: Lastly, set your foundation with a translucent or light powder immediately after application.