Once in a while we all suffer from pesky chapped lips. Not only is it annoying to deal with, but it also prevents our favorite lipsticks from going on smoothly. If you have ever seen someone wear lipstick with dry lips, or have done it yourself, you know that it is not a particularly good look.
This recipe for a brown sugar lip scrub wasn’t only incredibly easy to make, but it left my lips looking and feeling better than they have in a while! It sloughed off all the dead skin (ew!) and made my lips incredibly silky, soft, and lipstick ready!
- + Ingredients needed:
- A small empty jar (I emptied out an old lip balm container, but you could also use a baby food jar).
- A small bowl to mix your ingredients in.
- 1 tablespoon of pure coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- + Step 1: Start by prepping and measuring out your ingredients. Make sure your coconut oil is hard enough to keep its shape, yet soft enough so that you can get it out of the jar.
- + Step 2: Mix together your honey and your coconut oil until there are no clumps.
- + Step 3: Gently mix/fold in your brown sugar.
- + Step 4: Transfer your mixture into your jar.
+ To use: Keep your mixture in the fridge between uses, this will keep it fresh for around 2-3 weeks. When ready to use, let it sit for a bit so that it gets soft enough to scoop out with your finger. Rub it on your lips in a circular motion for about 60 seconds or so and wipe off with warm water and a towel.
TaDah! Hope you guys enjoy this fun kitchen beauty creation.