We often look to celebs when it comes to fashion trends, beauty trends, hair styles, and just about everything else… and when we do so, we are usually a bit green with envy. Many of the things our favorite celebrities wear, or beauty techniques they try, are way past our budget. Well lately there is a beauty trend going around that everyone can try, and that is eyelash extensions.
The eyelash extensions application is fairly simple, and they last for up to a whopping 6 weeks! No mascara for 6 weeks? No make-up remover for 6 weeks? I am in! Some people out there say that for the price it isn’t worth it, they fall off in a few days and look awful. Well that is precisely why I am writing this post. To provide you all with tips, tricks, and inside secrets all about eyelash extensions.
- Find a salon that has good ratings (perfect time to use that Yelp app you downloaded on your smart phone). You want to go to a place that has quality lashes, and plenty of experience.
- If you wear contact lenses, ask your beautician for a glue that is safe for contact lens wearers (it exists, if they don’t have it… go somewhere else). This will prevent any irritation you may have heard about.
- Don’t get your lashes wet for about 12-24 hours after they are put on. This will shorten the lifespan of your lashes. Also, be sure to avoid steam (no hot baths).
- Stop rubbing your eyes! This rubbing will pull on your lashes and may pull out the extension & your real lash.
- Your lashes will look so great you won’t need to wear mascara. Yet, if for some reason you are so obliged to do so, keep your mascara water based. When applying your mascara, be sure to go from middle up… avoiding the root of your eyelashes. When it comes time to remove your mascara, use water based eye make-up remover.
- Use eye cream sparingly, avoiding the lashes at all costs. The oils in eye creams are no good for your fabulous new lashes.