The next few months, for many of us here on the west coast, are all about getting that coveted summer glow. Once the heat rolls in, the long days are usually spent at the beach basking in the sun and swimming in the ocean. As much as it is one of my personal favorite pastimes, I am always worried about the health of my skin after being exposed to the harsh rays and the drying salt water. Each time I experience the same thing, skin that is literally thirsty for moisture. Considering I have dealt with this summer after summer, I have finally perfected my skin protection regimen.
Here are 8 products that will keep your skin soft, supple, and moisturized all summer long!
- Bath Gloves: Some people like to use body wash and exfoliator in the shower, but not me. I prefer to use these bath gloves to apply my body wash for exfoliation. Not only does it cut out an extra step in the shower, but also I think bath gloves do a better job at sloughing off those icky dead skin cells.
- Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash: Being that this body wash is infused with oatmeal, it is one of the best body washes out there when it comes to dry skin. Lather this stuff on, and you will instantly see and feel a difference.
- Hempz Moisturizing Lotion: The first thing I do when I get out of the shower is apply lotion. I have used Hempz lotion for as long as I can remember. It is lightweight, extremely moisturizing, and smells amazing! The hemp seed oil & vitamin E calm and rehydrate my skin as soon as I apply it.
- eos Lip Balm: First place I notice dried out skin is my lips. I am never seen with out my eos lip balm. It isn’t only moisturizing, but the spherical shape makes it so simple to apply. My favorite flavor is Honeysuckle Honeydew… although all of them are delicious.
- Venus Pro Skin Razor: Shaving your legs can be extremely drying, especially if you are not using the right razor. The last thing you want when baring your gams in a bikini is dry looking legs. Yet you can’t go without shaving your legs either. The only solution, get a great razor, like the Venus Pro Skin. The moisturizing bars this razor is equipped are made with shea butter, which is extremely hydrating, therefore providing you with a smooth shave.
- eos Shave Cream in Lavender Jasmine: I told you guys what I think is the best razor, yet even the best razor on the market needs quality shaving cream. This shave cream by eos is great because it contains antioxidants, natural aloe, and oats- all of which give you a closer shave and smoother skin!
- Aveeno Sunblock Face Lotion SPF 30: When it comes to my face, I am especially cautious. Sun will be the first thing to cause wrinkles, which will end up making you look older than you are. Sunscreen for the face is one thing you can never skip, sun or no sun. This one by Aveeno is my favorite due to the fact it is lightweight and doesn’t clog my pores.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 45: This stuff is the best for a few reasons. First, the fine mist guarantees you don’t miss a spot and end up with splotchy skin. Next, it lasts for hours. I often will spend the whole day in the sun, and with this sunblock I never have to reapply, even if I go in the ocean! Lastly, it is so sheer and lightweight, which is always a plus as sunscreen can often feel thick and greasy.