So you are noticing a line appearing right in the middle of your forehead, what do you do? Before frantically rushing to the dermatologist for Botox, you should know there are some other effective ways to reduce & prevent wrinkles, without having to pay a fortune to have a needle poking at your face.
Here are 7 simple ways to keep your skin looking young, vibrant, and wrinkle free!
- My first secret is probably the biggest, one that my Grandma told be about when I was just little girl. That secret is called Frownies. They are these stickers you apply, literally you adhere them water, to your problem area (for me it is between the eyes) before bedtime. When you sleep you make tons of expressions you don’t even know about, which is prime time to get wrinkles. Sticking on a Frownies before you hit the hay will keep your skin in place, preventing any wrinkles from forming!
- It was probably expected when reading this post that one of the most crucial tips to prevent wrinkles is sunscreen. I am sure you already are well aware of this, but do you actually do it? Even when the sun doesn’t seem like it’s shining, it is. During that time you are walking around outside sans sunscreen, you are actually still getting exposure to the sun, and that will cause you wrinkles. End of story, wear sunscreen!!
- Glasses are more important than you even could imagine. If you have bad eyes, you better be wearing prescription glasses so you stop squinting to read just about everything. If you have bad eyes and are out in the sun, you better wear prescription sunglasses. If you don’t have bad eyes, you still need to wear sunglasses when outside as it also prevents squinting against the bright light of the sun.
- Eat a good amount of fruits and veggies. Ever heard of free radicals? If so you know that they cause tons of damage to your skin. Fruits and veggies are full of antioxidants, which are the ideal defender against free radicals. If you incorporate more fruits & vegetables into your diet, you will quickly notice your skin looking more radiant & younger than ever.
- Eat more soy. If you love edamame (like I do), than this will be easy for you. Soy is extremely good for you, and has been proven to reverse the effects of sun damage. It also will improve the skins structure & firmness. All good things when it comes to wrinkle prevention.
- Use vitamin C topical serum on your skin. Now this stuff may actually be the fountain of youth everyone has been searching for. This magical serum increases collagen in the skin, protects against UVA & UVB damaging sunrays, helps with pigmentation issues, and improves a variety of other skin conditions. Magic? I think so.
- Put down those cigarettes. I don’t have to tell you already they are bad for you, nor do I need to go over why. I am sure you know all of that that, and all of those reasons should be enough to get you to stop. Yet here is one more crucial reason to stop, cigarette smoke ages your skin tremendously. The enzyme released when smoking breaks down collagen & elastin in your skin, both of which keep your skin taut and wrinkle free.